As you’re probably aware, yesterday the government announced new measures that aim to protect the general public from Covid-19. This included advice to avoid gatherings and crowded places, specifically pubs, clubs and theatres.
While we agree that these measures are necessary in keeping our country safe, we are in an impossible position. In order to keep our community pubs alive and our 225 employees in work, we are unable to close to the public voluntarily, ironically preferring an enforced closedown.
We are still very much here to serve and we are urgently exploring ways to continue doing so including delivery and take-aways, we will have some more information ready for you soon.
For now, our full (and in some cases newly extended!) menus are still available at all of our pubs! See a menu here (please note; products and prices vary from pub to pub). As our pubs see a considerable decline in visitors, so do our carveries and this is creating a lot of unnecessary waste, which we are conscious of in this pandemic. Our carveries remain open (for now) at The Hesketh, Puss in Boots and Fletchers Arms and all carveries will be open on Mothering Sunday. For the time being, we will only be serving our carvery at the Three Bears, Spread Eagle and Jolly Sailor, on Sundays.
We would like to remind and reassure you of the extra measures that we have already put in place to ensure that we maintain the highest level of hygiene.
The health of our teams and customers is of the most importance to us.
- All contact points are sanitised more frequently
- Re-doubled our 5* EHO rated housekeeping standards
- Notices have been put in place throughout the pubs to remind guests of the importance of hand washing for the recommended time
- Sanitisers are available throughout all of our pubs for the use of staff and guests
At peak times like Sunday, we intend to serve the vegetables to you, minimising hand contact; other times we can sanitise those utensils
Whilst this is an extremely serious situation we know that for the majority of us the symptoms will be mild. We do, however all have a social responsibility to each other.
- Please do not come in to the pubs if you have a temperature of over 37.8 degrees or are displaying signs of Covid-19
- Please avoid joining us if you are self-isolating because of government advice
- Please wash your hands on entering the pub and before and after your meal
In these uncertain times we thank you for your understanding and patience.
We will of course keep you updated as and when we know more.
The Almond Pubs Family